My Knee Injury, Surgery and Recovery - Part 1

Hi Internet Friends!! 

Hope everyone is having a nice summer, if you're in the northern hemisphere of the world. 

Today is the PRIDE parade here in Stockholm   . Which means a massive celebration out on the streets. I on the other hand am just chilling at my parent's place, I have been somewhat productive though. So that's good. Now I'm thinking about potentially making myself a cuppa (the weather isn't awesome) and reading my book - The Universe Has Your Back. 

There's not much I can do now that I'm still on crutches. 




As the title reads, I have unfortuntately garnered a knee injury this year. It happened during Sweden's nationalday celebrations . It's all still a bit of a mystery to me, I don't quite know what happened. What I do know is that I was at Smedsuddsbadet - a "park" with a group of friends, dancing to this song along with the rest of the park. 
Next thing I know, I get a "hit" in the back of my knee cap and I lose my balance and fall forward landing on my knees. OUCH......    

Unfortunately the landing was not particularly smooth. I literally felt something pop in my knee. I was in such excruciating pain that I was unable to stand up and was laying on the ground for about twenty minutes waiting for the pain to surpass. Which may I point out, it didn't. However when there are massive events and celebrations like this that attract a lot of people, there are always paramedics on the spot. This day was no exception and my friend V practically had to carry me to the paramedics who first felt my knee to ensure that nothing was broken, they then wrapped it in a bandage and gave me strong painkillers, that subsided the pain enough for me to be half carried and half hobbling to the bus to get back to my parent's place. 
My knee swelled up to 3-4 times it's regular size instantanously and I was unable to bend it or move. 
........ 

Once back at my parent's place I was able to wash off my feet (I had hobbled back barefoot since I had been wearing heels earlier - not during the actual accident though) and then I lay down in bed with my leg and knee elevated, took some strong painkillers before dozing off to bed. 

The following day my dad went with me to the "ER", where a doctor checked my knee more thoroughly, I also had a regular x-ray - it only picks up any skeletal injuries or damage. The doctor at the hospital completely dismissed my injury and brushed it off as "nothing serious", but he also told me to seek out a knee experet (orthopedist?) after a week if I was still in pain/still having extreme swelling... 

....To be continued.... 

This was part one of my knee injury, surgery and recovery. This post was obviously on my actual injury. I will go into more detail surrounding my surgery (which I unfortunately had to have) as well as my post surgery recovery in future posts. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. Have a great Saturday and HAPPY PRID

XXX 
Gaithri 





Etiketter: , , , , ,